If you are a Linux fan, it is possible to run the program on Linux. We thank Louie for the following instructions:
1) Download wine src from: http://winehq.org .. although they can probably use the package manager to download the binaries I installed from source so I could make sure it’s the latest release.
2) Run configure and satisfy all dependencies for configure..list of dependencies missing will be given after the configure script finishes….alternatively try installing dependencies first with following command: apt-get install cvs build-essential bison flex-old libasound2-dev x-window-system-dev libpng12-dev libjpeg62-dev libfreetype6-dev libxrender-dev libttf2 libttf-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libsdl-net1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev msttcorefonts libfontconfig1-dev then run ./configure
I actually ran configure and looked at the dependencies on completion and went through one by one to install all the packages…
3) Run following: make depend and make install then run “sudo make install” if (make depend && make install were successful).
4) Download latest winetricks script: http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks
5) # sh winetricks ie6 …this will install dlls and internet explorer…readingdoctor must be using dlls common to IE so I just installed the whole thing
6) # wine iexplore http://www.google.com.. this will install gecko if it is not already installed…make sure that at least gecko version 1.0.0 gets installed..can be checked number of ways one way is using regedit look for mshtml.or check /usr/share/wine/gecko
Should be ready to go at this point.
If issues persist try installing these two DLL’s :
COPY above DLL’s to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows and unzip there
Also may have to install activex control not sure but here is the link: http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/MozillaControl1712.exe
Once Mozillacontrol is downloaded just execute it: wine MozillaControl1712.exe
The above instructions should work with most flavours of linux like Ubuntu,RedHat,Fedora, Suse etc etc….