Yes! But you need a copy of Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8.
While ReadingSounds 1 Pro is not for designed to run natively on Mac OSX, the program runs on new Macs that can run Windows as a second operating system.
There are several options when it comes to running Windows on the Mac - you can find more information here:
We recommend that you run ReadingSounds 1 Pro on your Mac using either Bootcamp (a free application that comes with new Macs that allows you to run Windows as well as Max OSX) or Parallels Desktop (around AUD $80), which is desktop virtualisation software, meaning that you can run windows while running your Mac desktop. Note that these programs will allow you to run any windows software on your Mac. For more information about these options, please click the link above.
When running ReadingSounds 1 Pro on Parallels desktop, a few simple adjustments to configuration settings are required following installation. These are described below.
Please follow these steps to ensure the software runs smoothly:
- Follow the instructions for installing Windows via Parallels Desktop
- Install the ReadingSounds 1 Pro program in Windows on your Mac
- On your Mac, while parallels desktop is running, find the 'Virtual Machine' menu (at the top of the screen) and click>Configure>Hardware>Video and ensure that "3D Hardware acceleration" is NOT selected.
- In the same menu, click Options>Full Screen>Stretch
Finally, you will need to allocate a mouse to the Windows system on your Mac, since you may experience a lag f you use the existing Mac touchscreen. To do this:
- Connect a USB mouse to the Mac
- Run parallels desktop
- On your Mac, while parallels desktop is running, find the 'Deices' menu and select USB
- locate your USB mouse under the USB menu and click on it
- Confirm that you want to allocate the device to the virtual machine (i.e. Windows).
Congratulations! You are ready to use the program on the Mac! Please contact us if you have any questions or require help with this process.
We do offer a 7 day money back guarantee so if you purchase the program and are unable to run the program successfully on your Mac, we are happy to offer a refund.
Please note ReadingDoctor Software has now released a number of Apps that can be found in the MacApp Store:
Letter Sounds 1 Pro:
Letter Sounds 2 Pro:
Sight Words 1 Pro: