How to Upgrade from Version 1.1 or 1.1 to 1.2
If you are still running version 1.0 or 1.1 (with purple heading bar and p b d letter sound game), please download and install the trial version and install it over your existing activated copy of the program to upgrade. You can download the installation file here:
Please be aware that due to changes in the way version 1.2 uses student data, version 1.0 and 1.1 data is erased when installing version 1.2.
Upgrading from version 1.0 or 1.1 to version 1.2 will not require re-registration through ActiveMARK. If you have any difficulty upgrading, please contact us!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 1.2
Version 1.2 is a major upgrade and includes hundreds of changes, enhancements and bug (error) fixes. The main changes are:
- Added full Windows 7 support
- Aesthetic improvements to the colour scheme
- Added many new reward sounds and more variation in reward sounds for all activities
- Added 'Exit' button to the login screen
- Added extensive verbal help system in all main menus and for all menu option boxes
- Added extra options under the 'Options and Manual' menu, including the ability to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode, to adjust the rewards system and reward system volume as well as to switch between traditional and recommended pronunciations of 'w' and 'y'
- Added additional preset activities to 'Letter Sounds' and 'Consonant Blends' menus
- Added in-game triggering of instructions in activities when students have not previously played an activity
- Added verbal prompting at the beginning of activities
- Added extra levels of scaffolding support to the auditory cueing system for all activities
- Added extra levels of visual scaffolding to the 'Consonant Blends' activity
- Added extra scaffolding support and sounding out at the highest level of support for the 'Word Grids' activity
- Incorporated a new feature in the testing engine which reduces the number of tiles a student must choose from in order to provide an answer
- Optimised performance of 'Test Results' screen
- Optimised all game sprites for better performance
- Optimised code to maximise game speed
- Fixed over 200 minor bugs (and a few major ones!)